< Go back to blog

3 Tips to Help Your Business Retain Youtube Subscribers




Today, Youtube is an incredible platform to market businesses and services. However, growing a successful channel can be challenging. Keep reading to learn more about retaining Youtube subscribers and grow your audience.

Production value

Youtube is a massive platform, with many people posting great videos across different niches. You've got some tough competition out there! It's critical to bring some production value to the table when creating your video content. With so many creators on the platforms, viewers need a reason to stay on your videos. Why would they stop by and support your channel if your videos are just not good enough? Thankfully, having production value doesn't necessarily mean that you need to spend a lot of money on each video. An initial investment of $1000-2000 might put you on the right track with a good camera, an interface, and a professional microphone to record your audio. It might seem like a lot of money. Still, it's fairly affordable, considering that only 10-20 years ago, it would have been unthinkable to be able to create studio-quality video content without spending tens of thousands of dollars. If you plan to do animated content, you'll have different costs, such as hiring animators or simply the time spent creating your videos. Regardless of your creative approach, your content needs to stand out and bring value to the audience. You can offer many forms of value: entertainment, fun, education, information, news - the list goes on!

Even if you have no budget for equipment, you can make up for it by adding value in different ways. For example, you could offer insightful product or service reviews, or you could have a left-field idea to make your channel stand out even on a minimal budget. There is no limit to what you can accomplish, and it all starts with a good idea.


The inner workings of the Youtube algorithm are often under tight wraps, so we don't know exactly how it works. However, it seems very apparent that the platform seems to favor channels that post content regularly, keeping their viewers engaged in the long run.

Make sure you can create videos in such a sustainable way that you can post at least once a week without decreasing the quality of your work. Regular uploads are critical to keep growing your audience, as well as cultivate your existing subscriber base. You want to give them a reason to keep following your channel and stay up to speed with what you are posting. Some creators like to work on a new video every week. Others prefer to create content in bulk and progressively publish videos from time to time.

Use a "Call To Action."

A "Call To Action," also known as "CTA," is a marketing technique that involves engaging your audience directly. It asks them to perform a task. You might have heard many commercials ending with phrases such as "Book your appointment today!" or "Visit the website to learn more." Well, this concept applies to Youtube marketing as well. You might have noticed that many of the most popular Youtubers ask their viewers to subscribe, like, or comment on their videos. This "call to action" enables them to ask their users to be a part of their success, letting them know how important it is for them to engage with their content.

Make sure to use a call to action to boost your videos' reach and keep growing your channel. While it's important to take advantage of this technique, you should never overdo it. If you spend too much time asking people to subscribe, check out your links, buy your products or read your blog, you might decrease the actual value of the content. In other words, people don't want to watch videos that only advertise stuff to them! It would be best if you remembered to implement the 80-20 ratio in your videos. This means that 80% of your video should feature actual content, while the remaining 20% can be relegated to CTAs, intros, and other marketing content.